A wholesome apple, sage and apricot stuffing from Richard Hunt.
- 2 onions, sliced
- 100g butter
- 1 small Bramley apple, peeled, cored and diced
- 2 x 400g packs sausage meat
- handful sage, leaves chopped, plus extra for topping
- 140g White breadcrumbs
- 60gm Diced dried apricots
- Fry the onion in the butter for 5 mins, then add the apple and cook briefly. Cool, then mix with remaining ingredients and seasoning.
- Use to stuff the neck end of the bird, then roll any leftovers into balls. Or, pack the whole mixture into a 1kg loaf tin and top with extra sage leaves. Bake with turkey for 30-40 mins. Drain off any fat and serve sliced.
Place in a airtight container before cooking and when required defrost for 24hrs in a fridge